Database Task Force

Englisch [Descriptions] Instructions for submitting text entries

•  
Freischalter
Themenstarter#1
You want to support aniSearch by adding descriptions? Here, we will explain the necessary steps in a nutshell.

1. Before submitting:
Foremost, you should familiarise yourself with our guidelines and at least internalise the most important rules. Once you have mastered this, you are welcome to start entering texts immediately.

2. What are appropriate resources?
Generally, the best source for a description is to have watched the anime you want to write about. Unfortunately, this is not always possible. You can, therefore, use texts from other anime databases (such as Livechart.me, MAL, aniDB or ANN), fandoms and wikis, as well as texts from the official publisher or cover texts. Sometimes, reviews and comments by other users can also be helpful. Basically, any text is a more or less suitable source as long as it reflects the truth. So, as always in life, source criticism is important!

Always note that a text should NOT be a translation of another anime site and must always be self-written. In addition, you should always indicate a source in the “Reference for the Supervisor” field.

3. How do I add something?
To add a text, find an entry you want to write a description of and click on the “Edit data” button next to the main title. Once you have clicked on the sub-category “Description”, you are ready to go.

4. Which texts can I add?
We have some special filters that you can use. Here, you will find several tasks that need to be done, such as blurbs or cover texts that need to be replaced (sorted by year) or missing texts from the Top List, the Trending Anime or the Popular Anime. Please note that, unluckily, the names of the filters have not been translated yet.

You are also very welcome to browse the list of anime, manga or live-action titles lacking a description.

It is also important to add descriptions of the current season’s anime. You can find these in the calendar.

5. I have submitted texts, but what happens now?
Our text team will now check the descriptions you have submitted. If we consider your regular contributions to be particularly well-written, we would like to invite you to join our team. The same applies to particularly good spelling and grammar. Here, we are looking for support for our proofreaders and text supervisors. Of note, you will receive a free premium membership if you have reached a certain number of cookies and continue to be active.

If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact one of the supervisors in charge (Diding, julixchan, Aschenseele).
    • ×0
    • ×0
    • ×0
    • ×0
    • ×0
    • ×0
  •  

Einstellungen

• Nur der Themenstarter kann in diesem Thema weitere Beiträge hinzufügen
  • In diesem Thema können keine Kommentare zu Beiträgen hinzugefügt werden